Friday, March 20, 2009

Lab-meeting next week?

This is a suggestion to anyone in the lab to think of a possible article for next week's lab-meeting on Wednesday. I will myself be busy planning the "Biology-Physics Interface"-workshop on Wednesday afternoon, so I will not have time to suggest an article. But I would strongly encourage "somebody" to suggest an article, and post the information here, on this blogg. Ideally, you should both write a few sentences (5-10) in a bloggpost and provide a link to the article so that it can be downloaded by members of our laboratory. So please feel free to suggest something for Wednesday next week!

1 comment:

  1. No one has picked a paper yet, so I thought I'd jump in. My first thought was to pick something from the new book, Dragonflies and Damselflies: Model Organisms for Ecological and Evolutionary Research. But next week will be a busy week, and I was instead turned on to a paper that is rather fun, and is PC in that it is open source.

    The paper is on "worm grunting", and is a very cool example on how humans take advantage of an antipredatory response in worms (such a think is not necessarily limited to humans). It also appears at first glance to be a good example of the value of multiple working hypotheses (something we all need to remember).

    http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0003472

    Enjoy,
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete