Friday, August 14, 2009

Calopterygid research from this summer covered by Swedish media























For those of you who have not followed Swedish TV- or radio the last days, I would like to point to a couple of programs where our research on Calopteryx splendens and Calopteryx virgo has been covered. First, the regional TV-news channel "Sydnytt" has a 2-minute interview with me at Klingavälsåns Naturreservat, where I am interviewed in the field, and where I discuss the potential consequences of future climate change. You can watch this programme here.

Second, the popular science radio programme "Vetandets Värld" has a 20-minute programme, where both I and Anna Runemark are interviewed, about our learning experiments on mate recognition. Also, our physics-colleagues are interviewed about the laser-studies that were performed at Klingavälsån och what they can inform us about the behaviour of damselflies. You can listen to this programme here.

3 comments:

  1. Good stuff, nice for the Svensson lab to get some media coverage. I loved the action shot at the beginning of the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I lol'd when I saw Erik with the binoculars in the beginning! But a nice piece. Like the new glasses, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom/Jessica:

    The opening scene actually caused a lot of laughs among Pia and My as well...I had hoped they would not show my whole body posture, but only zoom in on my face. It looks a bit nerdy, I have to admit :)

    Jessica:

    Yeah, my new glasses are definitely more modern than my old ones. Shawn thinks they are more "euro". Is that right, or do you see these thick-framed models also in Canada and North America?

    ReplyDelete