Thursday, June 13, 2013

Introducing new EXEB PhD student Katrine Lund-Hansen





My name is Katrine Lund-Hansen and I am a new PhD student at the Section for Evolutionary Ecology. I grew up on Fyn in Denmark and got my master in biomedicine at University of Southern Denmark. I did my thesis on asthma susceptibility genes in a Danish sib-pair population. I am under shared supervision between Jessica Abbott here in Lund and Ted Morrow at University of Sussex and am going to spend an equal amount of time at the two universities. The focus of my PhD will be on sexual antagonism and sex chromosome evolution. This will be studied through a female-limited X-chromosome evolution experiment, which will investigate the role of sexual antagonism in maintaining standing genetic variation on the X-chromosome, and a sex chromosome replacement experiment that will quantify coevolution between the sex chromosomes. For both experiments I will use Drosophila melanogaster as a model organism.

No comments:

Post a Comment